Tuesday, August 28, 2012

It was like, BAM!

Hi all! Panera girl here! (which is funny, because I'm actually sitting at the Panera where I work at right now as I'm writing this...) Any way, as I was laying in bed last night, I was worrying about what I wanted to do with my life. If you would of asked me six months ago, I would have said I wanted to be an OB/GYN. I was such a biology nerd, it wasn't even funny, so I thought it would be a well-paying, economical job. It all was great, except for the 12+ years of schooling and "Obamacare" becoming an issue in the medical field. The minute my mom's boss, who's a dentist, told me about the predicament of practicing physicians in the next 10 or so years, it really turned me off to the whole "Med School" thing. Great. Now all I knew about my life was that I worked at Panera Bread and could bake a mean batch of cookies. Where was that gonna get me?
My mom always had this crazy dream of opening up her own little cafe/bookstore/winery. She thought I would help her and do all the business work, considering I know my way around a calculator pretty well. I always thought this was silly; she was a dental assistant and I was going to be an actuary or something. Or something!
Then (back to my whole "laying-in-bed-last-night-thing") it hit me! It was like, BAM! Go to business school and culinary school, and open up the next Panera Bread. Bigger. BETTER. More... "Leah." I could set up different locations and bake all I wanted, but at the same time, wear my black suit and boss people around (my all-time favorite thing to do!) and sign checks. I could drive my little black Monte Carlo around town to each of my locations and check up on my places of business. It's actually kinda cool if you think about it. And it would smell alot better than being an OB/GYN. Did I type that out loud?...


No comments:

Post a Comment