Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wait... What?

     Okay, so today was my first day of college, and I'm also a post-secondary student from Allen East. Both schools are new for me this year, so I've been trying to digest all of this change at once as both semesters are coming to an abrupt start. So with that said, forgive me if, in the future, I sound like a babbling idiot. I tend to panic when I don't know what I'm doing, or in this case, don't know what to write about. I also tend to type what I think, so bare with me here.
     Man, my typing skills have been rusty since school let out... My whole summer has been nothing but, "Baguette, chips, or an apple?" or *Riiing*Riiing* "Thank you for calling Panera Bread by the Lima Mall. This is Leah. How can I help you?" Except it's more usually run together, like, "Thankyouforcallingpanerabreadbythelimamallthisisleahhowcanihelpyou?!"
     Wait, does this thing have spell check? kjzfhglkfdjhglkfdjglksfdjh;lfdjh;l Okay, we're good; I have a red squiggly line under that. So I totally forget what we were supposed to write about today? I think it was just like writing, ya know. Ya know, just like, writing. That's another habit I have to get out of; saying "like" and "ya know." I'm not even sure that any of this is grammatically correct. Ya know? ;)
     Were we supposed to be writing for ten minutes? I have no idea how long it's been. My wi-fi is all kinds of messed up, so I'm sitting here in the McDonalds in East Gate (YUCK!) stealing some free wi-fi, outraged by how much a just payed for a terrible cup of coffee, and half listening to some soap opera playing on the TV in the background. How am I supposed to concentrate on this assignment when Rachael did indeed sleep with Antonio's evil twin brother, Enrique?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I am also a Post-Secondary student! Yay for us! In terms of adjusting to the new school year, I feel as if I am in the same boat as you. Not only that, in an opinionated statement, it feels like a boat that is one hundred years too old, poorly structured, and might sink at any moment. Lately, I have been noticing that it is, although not the hardest to get ahead, extremely easy to get fall behind in school work. It feels like everything is now dependent on how motivated you are, and, honestly, I do not feel like drowning in assignments and studying this year at all. Basically, I am now just trying to keep my head up and work, work, work! I think it is starting to work out as I am feeling more accustomed to this new lifestyle we call college (I am a first year post-secondary student so this is all very new to me.) Also, I never really realized how much notes you have to take on your own outside of class. It seems like every little detail of every single reading assignment has a necessity to be annotated now. I used to feel as if I could just remember it, but now, it feels like I am a victim of short-term memory. Also, in terms of McDonald’s coffee, I agree, not worth it at all! Haha, but seriously, I am just hoping that I can swim instead of sink, and ultimately, get some darn good grades!

    ReplyDelete