Monday, September 24, 2012

"How I Met Your Mother" In class writing prompt.

I never really watched "How I Met Your Mother," but I'm pretty familiar with the generality of it. A sitcom about a wild gang of raunchy adult friends who live in the big city, blah blah blah. But I never really gave it a chance because, damn darn, it's pretty funny.
In this episode, the main male characters of the show discuss their future lives every time they watch the Star Wars Trilogy, which is every three years. During each imaginary flash forward, the men progressively in vision their lives getting better and better and possessing more money and more babies with their ever-pregnant wives. In reality, their lives generally do not get better. In some cases, they stay the same. IN other cases, they get even worse. The end of the episode, however, entails happy endings for all in the year 2015. One thing I can't get over about this show is that the character Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), who is the "ladies man" is actually gay in real life. All I can say about that is that he's one heck of an actor!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Well Im glad thats out there. I enjoyed Just as much as you I beleive. I found all the strange bizzar topics awsome. I found myself wonder what half the things would be like! However I also thought there was some wonderful acting. I enjoyed how they compared econ to there daily problems, which then lead them to watching starwars. Then from there they made a promise to watch it once every three years. This then lead to a crazy wild ride throught the whole show.

    ReplyDelete