Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Class Writing Prompt 1

Am I afraid of writing and being creative? Have you read my blog?
I guess I'm not afraid of being creative. My whole seventeen years of being on this planet proves that I can be outgoing. I've won every art show I've ever entered. I've been first chair out of every band I've ever been in. And as far as writing goes, I'll just tell you that my junior high teacher once told me I was litterally the most intelligent student he's ever had. I'm most definitely not afraid to say what's on my mind and think, I dare say, outside the box. I guess I'm not really "afraid" of being creative, but am slightly scared of what people will think of my creativity. Everyone is afraid of being judged, right? I guess you can say that. I have the guts to put myself out there and strive for my creativity, but in the back of my head, I'm still the scared little third-grader giving her oral presentation to the class over the Louisianna Purchase. I'd like to think I possess genuine ingenuity. I'd like to think I'm a problem-solver and can fix the kinks out of everything. Sometimes I can. Sometimes I can't. You win some, you lose some, right? Sometimes, I'll think of this completely creative idea, like a homemade cinnamon roll recipe (which is really good, by the way!) or an idea for a song to write on piano. And sometimes, like now, the creative juices are just NOT flowing and I end up babbling on and on like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment