Friday, September 7, 2012

In Class Writing Prompt 2

     Post-it notes are probably one of the best inventions ever made. I use them for a lot of things: when I'm reading for a class project, I'll use them as little bookmarks so I can remember what's important in the passage I'm reading. What's also great about these little inventions is that you can write on them guilt free. I have brought with me to class today, a teal book of these sticky notes. When you open this little hard-cover contraption, it's filled with a neat pallet of sticky-notes varying in different shapes and sizes. It's a rainbow of organization. I couldn't tell you what they taste like (Are post-it notes even non-toxic?). I don't even know if that would be safe. I guess I could tell you they smell like freshly cut paper. I can't really describe this smell, it's like the smell of a freshly sharpened pencil. No one can explain the odor, but everyone knows that smell from elementary school.
     I can, however, tell you the sound these post-it notes make when you tear them off of the pad. It makes something of a shlllllllllllllp noise.
     The cover feels glossy in my hands, almost like a hard-cover copy of a magazine. The inside, where all the post-it notes are feel smooth as well, but not as glossy. It's almost grainy, as paper tends to feel. They remind me of both reading and writing because they are useful to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment