Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Secondhand Bookseller

I felt so bad for the little girl in the story! If I had asked my mother for a book when I was younger, she would have bought me every book in the entire store. My mother loves to read and my family never had to worry about money growing up. In fact, just last week, my mother bought me two fairly expensive books at Sam's Club. Anyway, the little girl in the story (Called The Secondhand Bookseller) loves to read, but her Middle-Eastern family was much too poor to buy her books. She finds this little hole-in-the-wall second hand bookstore and befriends the book keeper. His name is Albert and he teaches the little girl to borrow books, instead of having to pay for them. She is estatic by her new discovery and her loves for reading grows deeper with every book she reads. Unfortunately, she spends time in prison later for speaking up in a science class. she was not only in prison, but tortured and almost excecuted! Now, however, she is free and currently living with her husbund in Canada. All I can say is, I'm happy to be an American who can freely speak and borrow books from the library anytime I choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment