Wednesday, October 3, 2012

That Girl: The Walking Contradiction

I am. . .
I am honest.
I am a thief.
I am the most honest thief you will ever meet.
I lie.
I steal.
I tell the truth.
Do my eyes deceit me?
Or is that how you feel too?
I laugh.
I cry.
Sometimes I do both.
Sometimes at the same time.
I am numb,
but I always feel.
Sometimes what is there,
and sometimes what is not real.
My wounds are nonexistent,
but my wounds are deep.
I break all the promises
that I promise to keep.
I am always in pain,
but I feel fine.
I am always smiling
but I hurt all the time.
A sprinkle of pain here,
A spark of sadness there.
A pinch of happiness somewhere,
A smudge of depression to bare.
A recipe for disaster,
wrapped into one.
Tomorrow will get here,
yet Tomorrow will never come.
I am happy.
I feel fine!
I'm on fire,
but I'm alive.
I wear a frown.
I wear a smile.
Where have you been?
It's been a while.
I am crazy,
but I am sane.
Who are you, again?
and What was your name?
I am dark.
I am light.
I am rain.
and I'm sunshine.
I am happy,
when you are sad.
I'm Your "Calm Down, Honey."
when you're raging mad.
I am invisible,
and I should leave this place.
With a knife in my back,
I shall leave this place.
I am forever "That Girl"
without a real home.
Perpetually "That Girl."
And I am Alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment