Friday, November 23, 2012

Career Path




I have a lot of dreams.

Dreams, aside from the sleeping kind, that I'd one day like to pursue...

When I was little, I always wanted to be an artist. I would draw with my Crayola crayons and paint with water colors whatever my imagination would come up with: unicorns, mermaids, families, lions, tigers, and bears (oh my!).
Eventually, of course, that all changed and I wanted to be an astronaut because what kid doesn't? My mind changed a million times from tattoo artist to coroner to OB/GYN. My latest and greatest career choice is chemical engineering, which could change direction here at any minute too. Though those were all fun dreams and all, I always had my business dreams too. I had a bucket list, once, and sometimes I think I'd still like to follow them. Some of them being:

- Open up a women's boutique containing original creations like camo lingerie and bullet jewelry

- Opening a Cupcake Kiosk 

- Opening a bakery inspired by my grandmother

- Writing a novel about something I'm an expert on

All of these things would be cool and all, but I don't think I would have the dedication. Some things I would have the dedication to do are:

- Go to Scotland and meet up with some distant cousins

- Learn Swedish

- Go skydiving! 

- Perform original music in front of a crowd of thousands

- Discover a secret about the world that no one ever knew.

Everyone should have a bucket list like this! I'm a very goal oriented person, so I like to write things down and [attempt to] achieve them. My biggest goal, however, is living a wonderful and happy life as a chemical engineer and wearing a Wright State class ring on my finger.
Everyone should have a bucket list like this! I'm a very goal oriented person, so I like to write things down and [attempt to] achieve them. My biggest goal, however, is living a wonderful and happy life as a chemical engineer and wearing a Wright State class ring on my finger.

Keep on Dreamin' even if it Breaks your Heart.



















3 comments:

  1. Here there! Just adding in on the conversation like usual. I think it is exceptionally awesome that you are keeping a complete list of goals that you have wanted/want to complete in your lifetime. I, like a lot of college students, have gone through a lot of decisions and possible goals before becoming the person that I am today. I am not going to lie; I kind of feel as if I am “selling out” in life to a slight degree. When I was a child the first thing I wanted to be was some sort of rock star. Yes, this is an extremely common desire for a lot of little kids, but I really, for the longest time, thought that I could be that kid on T.V. changing people’s lives through the lyrical expressions I provide. Then, I grew up. I lost all senses of innocence, became a pretty materialized person, a smoker, and kind of a grumpy old hoot. It’s kind of sad; I was once a lively young man that wanted to change the world. I always wanted to alter at least on person’s perspective on things for the better, and provide logical and symbolic theories for life through music. Now, I would be happy enough to just work in an office from 9 to 5, making enough currency to get by in life. Again, I feel like a total sell out. That being said though, reading this conversation really makes me want to go back throughout my life and keep a list of my own goals! After reading this, I kind of feel as if my desire to change the world is slowly reviving, so, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben!
    I understand what yo mean by being a sell out. I once told myself I would never have a job where I couldn't make a million dollars doing almost nothing. Well, what 12 year old wouldn't want that right? Or that I never wanted a job that didn't entail music in some way. Well look at me now, the closest thing I have to that now is concert band. I don't think I've picked up a guitar in a really long time.
    I guess you can say I grew up. The beer goggles I once wore have faded and I'm completely sober. I'm not innocent and I see the world for what it really is. I guess now I know why adults used to seem so blahh.
    BUT... that doesn't mean I'm giving up hope of my dreams. I really do want to go to Scotland and I wanna go skydiving. But as far as being a rockstar/tattoo artist, I think that ship has sailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you that I am a big goal person! It bugs me so much when people do not know or sure what they want to do, and how they are going to do it. I am big on a buckest list too. Actually this summer my best friend and I made on. Sadly we could not achieve them all do to how busy we were. That however, is not going to stop me from making more "important" goals in life, and also some fun ones too. I know my most important goal is to higher my education, and become n occupationall therapist. I just enjoy helping people. Ever since I can remember I was helping some. From help people with simple friendship pronblems in elementary school to helping people make hard life decisions. I always want to give people hope, and encourage them to do their best. Occupational therapy will help me do that because I will help a person by give them their independence back, or changing their ennvironment so they can do what they want without any problems. I know it is not a huge helping service, but I believe that even the smallest service have a great effect on the world. A fun one I really want to do ever since I was little was scuba dive! I have been close to doing this! I went on a cruise with my best friend and her family. On the island of St. Thomas we got to go snorkling! It is amazing! If you ever what to go to a place with crystal clear water, and a chance to see some beautiful fish, I suggest going there! I promise you will not regret it! Good luck, and hopefully you can reach all your goals! I know you can!

    ReplyDelete