Monday, November 19, 2012

Other Classes

Let's face it. We all learned to use Power Point, Word, and Excel when we were in like, fifth grade.     

I always had to use either one of them for projects, like Power Point for science projects, Excel for personal finance, word for almost everything. Now that I'm taking this Introduction to Computers class, I kind of feel like it's a waste of time. The projects are time consuming and I'm not learning anything new. The whole class is pretty much,
Teacher: "Okay, now click the 'OK' button."
Me: *Click*
Teacher: "Now, does everyone see the new box on the scree-"
That ONE person in the class that drives everyone nuts: "WAIT HOLD ON I'M NOT THERE YET, MR. SHINE HELP ME."
Teacher: "You need to turn your monitor on."
One Person: "WHERE'S THAT AT."
Teacher: "How are you even in college?"

sigh.

I just feel like I could be spending time on this final project for Mrs. Piro. I have a strange feeling that this paper will be the death of me. Like I'm having sincere trouble and I'm SOS-ing everyone I know and I'm sinking. It's depressing. I wish I had more time to work on these things, but you wanna know what? I'm stinking tired. Post-Secondary is a lot more than I thought it would be. They warned me though, that I could not pull off a job and college and school and band. But guess what? I'm not giving up and I'm gonna get through it and be like, "Looks like I DID pull it off. Hmm." 
Pray for me? I'm sinking here.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain here. I am taking the class too and I think it is seriously a waste of a class. I never used Excel in high school because I did not take a class that needed it and I did not take a computer class either. But I did use Word like all the time and I used PowerPoint enough, actually in middle school we had a computer class and she showed us how to use PowerPoint. Anyway, I think these three things are the most basic things that anyone could know, we used them all through high school, you basically had to know how to use it to graduate, we used it that much. The only thing I like about the class is that he always gives us days off, we did not even have to be there this whole month. And it is so easy that I am passing without even trying. And I feel the same way about Piro’s class, I wish I had more time on the assignments but hey, you have to work with what you get. This is the only class that I am really struggling with and it really stresses me out because I have to pass it to be able to graduate and to not pay it back. Post Secondary is seriously the most stressful and rewarding thing I have done for a long time. I am just really ready for this semester to be over. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the same computer class, but at a different time. I feel the same when you say it can be a waste of time. Like you I have learned the same things in high school, so it is a review for me as well. The nice part about the class is it gets us use to the computers at the schools. It was great in the beginning of the semester making sure our Angel accounts were working along with our emails. I also learned we had to save things to our M drives. That was nice to know, considering I did not know that before. I understand where you are coming from, but the good news the semester is almost over. Soon enough we will not have to worry about that class anymore. Hopefully we will receive our good grades, and come out smarter from the class. I know I have learned a lot of short cuts, which will help a lot. In high school we had to teach the programs to ourselves, so it was nice finally having someone there to explain it more. Who knew a project that took a week in high school would only take a day in college. I guess there are ups and downs of the class. The only thing we can do is go to class and finish the semester. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for this semester to be over. I am ready for a break and to start something new!

    ReplyDelete