Tuesday, November 27, 2012

In Class 15

I actually learned a lot in class today.

We played Jeopardy based off of two passages we had to read and the three topics of quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing. I actually read the two passages and understood the three topics, but the class today made me really understand them inside and out.

First of all, I was really proud of myself for reading and remembering the passages. I didn't really understand Burnett's essay all that well but I really enjoyed the "Annoying Ways People Use Sources" article. It got me really thinking about how to quote, what to quote, what not to quote, when to quote, when not to quote. . . it was really informative. It also helped me understand citing sources more, which was great because I was really having some trouble with that.

I walked out of the classroom feeling very accomplished because I got my first rough draft completely done AND brought it to class, I'm getting close to my blogs being done, and I did all of the readings and understood them. For a long time, I felt like I kept getting further and further behind, but I worked through Thanksgiving break and still managed to get all of my homework done. My secret is running off of very little sleep and drinking LOTS of caffeine. I won't lie, I'm getting antsy for Christmas break and catch up on sweet, precious sleep, but until then, I'm going to work my butt off and get stuff done! Today's class was so encouraging and I hope all of the rest of the classes that follow will be just as great. Until then...

I guess this is my last in class blog entry.

x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment