Friday, November 30, 2012

WHAT I LEARNED IN BOATING SCHOOL IS...

Haha, I could 't think of something to write about so the first thing that popped into my head was good, ol' Spongebob Squarepants.


You can say what you want about this little sponge, but all the 90s kids remember this guy and have subconsciously learned lessons from him. 

The most relatable  episode to my life right now would be the episode where Spongebob had to write an essay for boating school. He procrastinated until he was up all night with writer's block. Eventually, he fell asleep and had nightmares about his his house burning down and him not being able to finish his essay. He wakes up just in time to finish his essay when he runs into school to hand his boating instructor, Miss Puff, the essay when she says, "Didn't you hear, Spongebob? We're going on a field trip instead." And Spongebob is all like . . .

This relates to me because in the past, I would stare blankly at a computer screen at one in the morning and wait for inspiration to pour out of me. Usually, it didn't. And I was like...

Anyway, my point is is that we can all learn lessons from Spongebob like: using your imagination, help out your friends, be careful when you're selling chocolate, don't procrastinate, Don't neglect your pet snail, don't be greedy, and so many more. My favorite episode of all time? BAND GEEKS!!!!


What have you learned from Spongebob?

1 comment:

  1. I do remember Spongebob so well1 I am still so surprised that they are still make shows today! I have a seven year old brother, and he just adores this show. However, I do not feel he should watch it because I feel he is too young. I mean sometimes he copies the things that they do, and I do not believe it is right for his age. i do however find it funny some of the words they come up with. For example just last night some girls on twitter last night were saying that they were dirty dan. I thought that it was funny that they would start using things for Spongebob. I do have to agree with you my favorite show has to be the band geek one. I just like the music, and how dramatic they make each charater. I did enjoy Spongebob when I was little, but I do not like it now because most kids that I know use the things they learn from there and call people names. I use to babysit kids that were crazy about Spongebob. They even made me play "Spongebob". It was kind of creative though to see what they would come up with! Also cannot believe how popular it still is today! I have so many kids in my high school that still watch this show everyday, and enjoy it. I mean it has to be so popular if they are still coming up with new ideas! I wonder when they will run out? Hopefully not to soon becasue I beleive that is a big profit to Nick. I realllyy enjoyed your post it was very creative and fun! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete