Sunday, November 25, 2012

Other Classes

In Calculus class, we had to do a project about goals. Surprisingly, it's not a math project. Pretty much, you write down your goals and the steps to achieve them. On mine, I decided to write about a career goal, a family goal, and an educational goal.

My career goal is pretty predictable if one has read my previous blog posts. Of course, I want to become a chemical engineer and make a comfortable living. I also want to obtain a good job, hopefully at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Even elsewhere would be okay, as long as I'm doing what I love to do. I also want to make a decent retirement and a respectable 401k.

My family goal is, well, about having a family. I know what everyone says, "Oh, you shouldn't plan on having a family and getting married. You should just let it happen." Well, my goal is to have a family and get married and have children. I'm not saying I have to obtain these things by the time I'm 25, but I do want them. I would also like to stay close with my immediate family.

My last goal, the educational one, is that I would like to get an excellent education at a good college, hopefully Wright State University. I want to strive hard for good grades and get as many scholarships as I can. That way, when I graduate high school and college, high paying jobs will want to hire me.

Now if I can only get a good grade on my final essay...

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the Calculus project being about writing goals. I am not in Calculus this year, but I had a class just like this. My biology teacher sophmore year made us do this. He said that we need to start thinking now becasue if we do not we will be behind. We all moaned and groaned like any sophmore would do. I have realized though as I looked back that he is not wrong at all. I am so thankful he did that. I mean it gave me the right idea on what classes I should take. Also it helped me to look more indepth on what I really wanted to do. I actually would have to agree with your goals mine are very similar. I know people say you have to graduate before you think about marriage, but I feel you need to start when youu first start dating. I mean you do not want to date all the wrong people, and just settle without knowing what you really want. I think a main goal of mine would also be do what makes me happy in the educational goal. I am going through like most other seniors I am deciding the college I want, and it is hard. I try to keep telling myself that it is all about making yourself happy, not others. I think you will do great! It seems like you have good goals! Have a great rest of the year! Good luck with your classes!

    ReplyDelete