Sunday, November 18, 2012

in class food art

The in class videos we watched were about speed art made out of food, like cheetos and barbeque sauce. Though very fascinating, they didn't really inspire me.  My subject is on fracking, or hydraulic fracturing, which is pretty much digging up natural gas deposits out of the ground. My field that I would like to go in to is chemical engineering, so the most recent and local debatable chemical engineering topic I could find was hydraulic fracking.
The reason that the videos did not really inspire me was because the people making the videos are very good artists. They know exactly what they are doing and how exactly to do it. Being a junior in high school and a post secondary student, I don't know everything there is to know about chemical engineering. Reading the articles, I find it difficult because I don't understand half of what they are saying and it just makes the whole research process very frustrating! I'm sure that I'm the only person who feels this way, I mean, everyone else seems to have their head screwed on pretty straight with this assignment, but me, well I'm pretty clueless. It just makes me feel so dumb.
I know! I'll write about the field I'm actually in right now, Bread engineering at Panera. My proposal? Wheat enriched flour or not...?

No comments:

Post a Comment